Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Kate's surgery

Kate had surgery yesterday, Monday, December 8th.  She had her tonsils removed and revision sinus surgery.  She had her first sinus surgery when she was 2 (in June 2007).  She did really well yesterday during her surgery.  Dr. Graves said she had a lot of scar tissue in her sinuses and a lot of inflammation and infection.  He was able to clean it all out.  Then he removed her tonsils, which were touching yesterday.  She is doing well and resting as much as she can.  Thank you for all the prayers and support.  We greatly appreciate the meals this week and all the support.  We have wonderful friends and family!  We are hopeful this means Kate will feel better and not get sick as often.  We are very optimistic about her future!

2 comments:

MaryBeth said...

I'm so glad it went well. Hopefully this will make her feel much better. Hoping that the recovery goes very smoothly!

Bridgette said...

I feel like a little bit of a dufus now suggesting that she could "hold her nose" to take her meds. I hope she is doing better.